Christmas is upon us and whether you’re newly sober or a sober veteran this time of year can always be a little tricky. Here are some tips to help you get through...
- You don’t need alcohol to celebrate. Always try to remember this when someone puts pressure on you to have ‘just one’ or you’re feeling tempted.
- Stock up on alcohol-free alternatives if that’s your bag. The options are endless these days.
- Use your support networks. Sober Instagram, the Bee Sober gang and anyone else who gets it. If in doubt just reach out.
- Buddy up - agree to be sober buddies with someone where you agree to stay in contact on any days you might find difficult so you can help each other get through.
- Enjoy ALL THE FOOD! How much festive food have you wasted in the past or not appreciated because you were sloshed by midday? Not this year!!
- Remember how frickin incredible you are without the need for booze.
And finally....it’s been a shit year but it doesn’t have to be a shitty pissed or hungover Christmas.
Merry Christmas everyone - you are all legends
Shaena Jasmat is a Bee Sober Ambassador for The Black Country and a Life Purpose Coach who works with women to help them uncover their true potential so they can create the life they want and deserve.